Hoi An is not only famous for its ancient beauty but also known for its traditional villages, typically Thanh Ha pottery village – an attractive tourist destination chosen by many tourists when visiting Hoi An. The content of the following article written by Anh Khoa Hoi An will help you have great experiences when visiting Thanh Ha pottery village, let’s find out!.
- 1. Where is Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
- 2. How many ways to go to Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
- 3. Ticket price for Thanh Ha Pottery Village
- 4. Experiences of going to Thanh Ha pottery village
- 5. Tour to Thanh Ha Pottery Village
1. Where is Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
Thanh Ha – a pottery village near Hoi An is known to be located on the Thu Bon River, 3km west of Hoi An ancient town. This ancient village was established in the 16th century. Through many glorious periods, Thanh Ha pottery products are considered as national treasures. Until now, not many villagers follow the traditional profession. However, some artisans still love and preserve ancient pottery techniques, while also revitalizing the pottery village to become a tourist destination.
2. How many ways to go to Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
There are many ways to go to the traditional tourist area of Thanh Ha Pottery Village, but I will show you two simple, cheap and most economical ways. Let’s take a look at it together
- Rent the motorbike: For backpackers, renting your own motorbike in Hoi An to move around is great. I will introduce you to a cheap Hoi An motorbike rental unit, which is Anh Khoa Hoi An company. Specializing in motorbike rental in Hoi A, free delivery. From only 120,000 VND / day, you can travel by motorbike to Thanh Ha pottery village and can visit other famous tourist attractions of Hoi An.
- Going by taxi: this is the optimal solution when you are traveling with a group of friends, Hoi An taxi is also quite cheap, only from 35,000 VND / 1km. From Hoi An center to Thanh Ha Pottery village about 3km.
3. Ticket price for Thanh Ha Pottery Village
When coming to Thanh Ha pottery village, you will see two types of entrance tickets, specifically as follows:
- Children, the elderly, and students: 15,000 VND/person.
- Adults (regular ticket): 30,000 VND/person
Thanh Ha Pottery Village fare includes all attractions as well as activities at the pottery village. You will discover Nam Dieu temple – the place to worship the ancestors of pottery making, the relics of the communal house of Xuan My commune.
In addition, when coming here, visitors will also see artisans performing pottery stages as well as experience making ceramic products themselves.
A note when coming to Thanh Ha pottery village is that entrance tickets will be sold from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Visitors can come here by motorbike or bicycle.
4. Experiences of going to Thanh Ha pottery village
4.1 Outstanding products of Thanh Ha pottery village
When coming to Thanh Ha pottery village, visitors will have the opportunity to admire traditional terracotta products. It will also be your chance to learn about traditional crafts and local culture. Each stage of pottery making will be meticulously guided to help visitors learn more about the rustic and delicate beauty of Thanh Ha ceramic products. Famous products here are household items such as bowls, vases, jars, and decorative items such as sculptures, statues, decorations…
4.2 Ceramic sightseeing and exhibition buildings
There are two main buildings to display ceramic products. The building on the left displays the items that make up ancient ceramic works. The building on the right is a place to display Thanh Ha ceramic products along with products from some other craft villages such as Bat Trang, Phu Lang…. Connecting the two buildings is a small corridor, with the meaning of transition between tradition and modernity.
4.3 Visiting Thanh Ha Terracotta Pottery Park
Terracotta pottery park is a highlight of Thanh Ha pottery village tour. The place displays many ceramic miniatures of famous landscapes in Vietnam as well as famous wonders in the world. Tourists will be surprised to know that all these works of art are sculpted by the skillful hands of the ceramic artists here. Therefore, when coming to Thanh Ha pottery village, do not forget to bring a camera to capture images of world wonders such as Taj Mahal, Sydney Opera House, Great Pyramid or Statue of Liberty. … are carved on Thanh Ha ceramic products.
5. Tour to Thanh Ha Pottery Village
There are usually two tours to visit Thanh Ha pottery village, a morning tour or an afternoon tour. Tour to Thanh Ha pottery village will last 4-5 hours. Tour price for foreign tourists is about 40USD/adult, the price for a Vietnamese tourist is 500,000VND/adult. Children will need to pay half of the adult’s cost. Many companies organize cultural tours to explore this amazing destination.
Visiting Thanh Ha pottery village, tourists will admire the impressive and unique ceramic art works of Vietnam. That is why many tourists often buy some souvenirs here to decorate and to remember an attractive pottery village in Hoi An.
Thus, the above article of Anh Khoa Hoi An has helped you gain experiences when visiting Thanh Ha pottery village – Hoi An. Hope you will have a great visit in Hoi An in general as well as Thanh Ha pottery village in particular.
If you need any information regarding tours and experiences at Thanh Ha pottery village, you can contact Anh Khoa Company: