Thanh Ha pottery village is located about 3 kilometers to the west of the ancient town of Hoi An in Vietnam’s central Quang Nam province. The village has a long history of making pottery, dating back more than 500 years to the 16th century. Today, Thanh Ha pottery is famous for its unique style, which combines traditional techniques with modern designs.
Visitors to Thanh Ha pottery village can watch skilled artisans at work, shaping and firing clay on the pottery wheels. There are also many small shops and galleries where visitors can purchase handmade pottery items, such as vases, bowls, plates, and figurines.
One way to visit Thanh Ha pottery village is to hire a motorbike, like Anh Khoa Hoi An Motorbike, and drive there independently. Alternatively, many tour companies offer guided tours of the village, which can include transportation, a visit to a local market, and a hands-on pottery making experience.
Overall, Thanh Ha pottery village is a fascinating and authentic cultural experience, where visitors can learn about Vietnam’s traditional pottery making techniques and admire the beautiful handcrafted items produced by local artisans.
Itinerary for exploring Thanh Ha pottery village by motorbike in Hoi An
- In the early morning, rent a motorbike to travel to Thanh Ha pottery village. If you cannot drive, you can rent a motorbike at Anh Khoa Motorbike Rental Hoi An.
- When you arrive at Thanh Ha, find a pottery workshop and observe the skilled artisans working on the pottery wheels. You can learn and participate in pottery making with the artisans.
- After visiting the pottery workshop, take a walk to the local market to purchase handmade pottery items such as vases, bowls, plates, and decorative objects.
- Next, visit the Cau Bong Church – an important historical site in Hoi An. The church was built in the 17th century and features a blend of French and Vietnamese architecture.
- Finally, stop at a local coffee shop to enjoy Vietnamese coffee and relax before returning to Hoi An.
Note: When visiting Thanh Ha pottery village by motorbike, ensure your safety while driving. Always wear a helmet and abide by traffic laws. Additionally, avoid purchasing fake or poor-quality pottery items to avoid being scammed.
- Itinerary for exploring Thanh Ha pottery village by motorbike in Hoi An
- 1. Where is Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
- 2. How many ways to go to Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
- 3. Ticket price for Thanh Ha Pottery Village
- 4. Experiences of going to Thanh Ha pottery village
- 5. Tour Thanh Ha Pottery Village
1. Where is Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
Thanh Ha – a pottery village near Hoi An is known to be located on the Thu Bon River, 3km west of Hoi An ancient town. This ancient village was established in the 16th century. Through many glorious periods, Thanh Ha pottery products are considered national treasures. Until now, not many villagers follow the traditional profession. However, some artisans still love and preserve ancient pottery techniques, while also revitalizing the pottery village to become a tourist destination.
2. How many ways to go to Thanh Ha Pottery Village?
There are many ways to go to the traditional tourist area of Thanh Ha Pottery Village, but I will show you two simple, cheap, and economical ways. Let’s take a look at it together
- Rent the motorbike: For backpackers, renting your own motorbike in Hoi An to move around is great. I will introduce you to a cheap Hoi An motorbike rental unit, which is Anh Khoa Hoi An company. Specializing in motorbike rental in Hoi A, free delivery. From only 120,000 VND / day, you can travel by motorbike to Thanh Ha pottery village and can visit other famous tourist attractions of Hoi An.
- Going by taxi: this is the optimal solution when you are traveling with a group of friends, Hoi An taxi is also quite cheap, only 35,000 VND / 1km. From Hoi An center to Thanh Ha Pottery village about 3km.
How to travel to Thanh Ha Pottery Village by motorbike
Thanh Ha Pottery Village is located about 3.5 km east of Hoi An Ancient Town, which makes it a convenient destination to visit by motorbike. Here are the step-by-step directions to get to Thanh Ha Pottery Village from Anh Khoa Hoi An by motorbike:
- Motorbike rental Hoi An from Anh Khoa with 150,000 VND per a day. Make sure to wear a helmet and get familiar with the bike before starting your journey.
- From Anh Khoa Hoi An, head east on Hung Vuong street until you reach the traffic circle at the end of the road.
- Take the second exit of the traffic circle to continue straight on Duy Tan street.
- Continue on Duy Tan street for about 500 meters until you reach the entrance to Thanh Ha Pottery Village on your left-hand side. The entrance is marked by a large archway.
- Turn left at the entrance and park your motorbike in the designated parking area.
- Explore Thanh Ha Pottery Village on foot and observe the traditional pottery-making techniques of the local artisans.
- When you’re ready to leave, retrieve your motorbike from the parking area and retrace your route back to Anh Khoa Hoi An.
Note: Always wear a helmet when riding a motorbike, obey traffic rules and signals, and be aware of your surroundings while driving.
3. Ticket price for Thanh Ha Pottery Village
When coming to Thanh Ha pottery village, you will see two types of entrance tickets, specifically as follows:
- Children, the elderly, and students: 15,000 VND/person.
- Adults (regular ticket): 30,000 VND/person
Thanh Ha Pottery Village fare includes all attractions as well as activities at the pottery village. You will discover Nam Dieu temple – the place to worship the ancestors of pottery making, the relics of the communal house of Xuan My commune.
In addition, when coming here, visitors will also see artisans performing pottery stages as well as experience making ceramic products themselves.
A note when coming to Thanh Ha pottery village is that entrance tickets will be sold from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Visitors can come here by motorbike or bicycle.
4. Experiences of going to Thanh Ha pottery village
4.1 Outstanding products of Thanh Ha pottery village
When coming to Thanh Ha pottery village, visitors will have the opportunity to admire traditional terracotta products. It will also be your chance to learn about traditional crafts and local culture. Each stage of pottery making will be meticulously guided to help visitors learn more about the rustic and delicate beauty of Thanh Ha ceramic products. Famous products here are household items such as bowls, vases, jars, and decorative items such as sculptures, statues, and decorations…
4.2 Ceramic sightseeing and exhibition buildings
There are two main buildings to display ceramic products. The building on the left displays the items that make up ancient ceramic works. The building on the right is a place to display Thanh Ha ceramic products along with products from some other craft villages such as Bat Trang, and Phu Lang… Connecting the two buildings is a small corridor, with the meaning of a transition between tradition and modernity.
4.3 Visiting Thanh Ha Terracotta Pottery Park
Terracotta pottery park is a highlight of the Thanh Ha pottery village tour. The place displays many ceramic miniatures of famous landscapes in Vietnam as well as famous wonders in the world. Tourists will be surprised to know that all these works of art are sculpted by the skillful hands of ceramic artists here. Therefore, when coming to Thanh Ha pottery village, do not forget to bring a camera to capture images of world wonders such as the Taj Mahal, Sydney Opera House, Great Pyramid, or Statue of Liberty. … are carved on Thanh Ha ceramic products.
5. Tour Thanh Ha Pottery Village
There are usually two tours to visit Thanh Ha pottery village, a morning tour or an afternoon tour. Tour to Thanh Ha pottery village will last 4-5 hours. The tour price for foreign tourists is about 40 USD/per adult, and the price for a Vietnamese tourist is 500,000 VND/per adult. Children will need to pay half of the adult’s cost. Many companies organize cultural tours to explore this amazing destination.
Visiting Thanh Ha pottery village, tourists will admire the impressive and unique ceramic artworks of Vietnam. That is why many tourists often buy some souvenirs here to decorate and to remember an attractive pottery village in Hoi An.
Thus, the above article by Anh Khoa Hoi An has helped you gain experience when visiting Thanh Ha pottery village – Hoi An. Hope you will have a great visit to Hoi An in general as well as Thanh Ha pottery village in particular.
If you need any information regarding tours and experiences at Thanh Ha pottery village, you can contact Anh Khoa Company:
- Exploring My Tho, Tien Giang: Top Picks for Scooter Rentals
- Thanh Hoa Motorbike Rentals: A First-Timer’s Essential Guide
- Exploring Freedom: The Thrill of Motorbike Rental in Thai Nguyen
- The Rising Trend of Motorbike Rental in Thai Binh Province
- Tay Ninh Motorbike Rental: Your Ultimate Motorbike Rental Guide