Cu Lao Cham tourism offers visitors interesting experiences such as fishing with fishermen, coastal camping, scuba diving to see corals, enjoying fresh seafood… Let’s explore the attractions. This destination’s undeniable!
- Mini Group Tour.
- Pick-up/drop-off bus and speedboat
- Time: half-day trip (8:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- Adult (over 1m4 high): 650,000VND
- Children ( 1m <1m4 high): 550,000VND
Itinerary of Cham Island Tour
- 08:00 am – 09:00 am: The tour guide picks you up at your hotel.
- 09:00 am: Welcome you at Cua Dai port, do procedures to board the ship. The ship departs for Cu Lao Cham (Cham Island). The ship will dock at Cu Lao Cham and you will be guided by a tour guide to the following tourist attractions:
- Marine Protected Area (MPA)
- Ancient Well.
- Hai Tang Pagoda.
- Visit Cu Lao Cham village to buy souvenirs and fresh seafood.
- The boat takes guests to “Bai Xep” or “Hon Tai” – a diving site to see coral within 45 minutes.
- The boat takes you back to the tourist area for a freshwater bath, and lunch at the restaurant.
- The restaurant will serve vegetarian or vegan dishes according to your needs.
- You are free to rest, walk, swim, and take pictures of the sea and mountain scenery.
- Tour guide and boat bring guests back to the mainland.
- The ship docked at Cua Dai tourist port.
- End the tour at Hoi An – Cu Lao Cham.
- The car returns the passenger to the meeting point.
- End tour.
- Shuttle bus according to the program
- Fee for using spring water bath service, lunch break at Cu Lao Cham tourist area.
- Diving to see corals with diving goggles
- Scheduled meals
Service not includes
- Drinking water during meals.
- Personal expenses incurred outside the program.
Things to note
- The trip may be changed if the weather is bad.
- What to bring: Swimsuit, hat, sunglasses, umbrella, sandals or sandals.
Other tours from us
- (Group Tour) Cham Island Tour – Daily Tour
- (Group Tour) Marble Mountain & Monkey Mountain – With Tour Guide
- (Group Tour) Ba Na Hills – Golden Bridge Tour With Tour Guide
- Hoi An Basket Boat Tour – Eco Tour & Cooking Class
- (Group Tour) Shuttle Bus Hoi An To My Son – with Tour Guide
- Itinerary of Cham Island Tour
- Other tours from us
- Where is Cu Lao Cham (The Cham Islands)? What’s the weather like in Cu Lao Cham?
- Impressive tourist destinations on Cu Lao Cham island
- Activities and experiences worth trying in Cu Lao Cham
- The dining experience on Cu Lao Cham island
- Notes to remember when traveling to Cu Lao Cham
Where is Cu Lao Cham (The Cham Islands)? What’s the weather like in Cu Lao Cham?
Weather conditions – What month to travel to Cham Islands?
According to the experience of many tourists, you should travel to this island cluster around March-August every year. In this season, this place has warm sunshine, a calm sea, and little rain, so you can participate in swimming, scuba diving, and playing activities on the sea. In the remaining months, this island cluster often has storms, rough seas, and quite large waves, so there are usually no boats to take tourists to the island.
Cham Islands ticket price
- Entrance ticket: 70,000 VND/person.
- Ecological fee: 20,000 VND/person.
In addition, visitors also need to pay for a ticket to move from the mainland to the island. Ticket prices will vary depending on the means of transport you choose. Specifically:
- Cano: The ticket price is about 200,000 VND/per person. Canoeing is suitable for those who like the feeling of strong surfing, the travel time is only about 20 minutes;
- Wooden train: Ticket price is about 150,000 VND/Vietnamese, 200,000 VND/foreigner. If you bring a motorbike to the island, you have to pay an additional fee of 50,000 VND / car. Wooden boats are not suitable for people who are prone to seasickness and have slower travel time than canoes.
Impressive tourist destinations on Cu Lao Cham island
What’s so beautiful about Cu Lao Cham? This place is famous for its unspoiled natural landscape with green mountains and forests, long white sandy beaches, clear water, and rich flora and fauna. Let’s discover which place is known as the “Pearl of Quang” which has outstanding attractions:
Eo Gio Cham Island
Eo Gio is located in the east of the Cu Lao Cham island cluster, about 3km from Bai Lang residential area. This is a destination that visitors can hardly ignore if they want to find a place to catch the sunrise or watch the sunset. Eo Gio is surrounded by green mountains and a vast, endless sea and sky. This place is like a city wall, protecting fishermen from the sea.
For more than 200 years old well of the Cham people
The 200-year-old well has the characteristics of an ancient Cham well, located in the residential area of Xom Cam. With four sides of the sea, this is the only source of fresh water on the island that is not contaminated with salt or alum. Local people say that drinking well water can cure seasickness or pray for luck and give birth at will. Therefore, this place has become an attractive attraction when visitors come to this beautiful island.
Hai Tang Temple
Hai Tang Pagoda is located at the foot of the western mountain of Hon Lao, overlooking a large field. Despite its harsh nature, the pagoda has remained intact for hundreds of years. This sacred ancient temple has become a symbol of the island, entering the subconscious of the people here. Coming here, you will learn more about history, worship Buddha, visit pagodas, pray for peace and keep your mind pure.
Visitors will certainly not be able to “hold their hearts” before the beautiful beaches in Cu Lao Cham:
- Bai Ong: Owns a long stretch of fine white sand, clear blue sea water, straight coconut trees, and green seawater spinach beds. Coming here, you can swim in the sea and participate in games such as parachute, tug boat, motorbike on the sea,…;
- Bai Xep: Is a beautiful, pristine beach with clear blue water. It has the most beautiful coral reefs in the sea of Cu Lao Cham;
- Bai Chong: There are smooth white sand beaches, straight rows of coconut trees, diverse polymorphic rocks stacked like symbols of husband and wife, yin – yang,…;
- Bai Huong: This is a pristine fishing village, located at the foot of a deep green natural forest. This is the ideal place for visitors to explore the life of fishermen and enjoy fresh seafood.
The road of cornflowers
Cornflowers here bloom most in late summer – early autumn (around July – August). In the blooming season, walking along the streets of Bai Lang, Bai Xep, and Bai Huong, visitors will be able to see the cornflowers in full bloom. Despite the harsh rain and wind, the field corn trees still stood strong like the resilient will of the people in the Central region in the face of rain and challenges.
Tan Hiep Market
Coming to Cu Lao Cham, visitors should not ignore Tan Hiep market located right at the pier. Coming here, visitors can choose to buy dried seafood, delicious fresh seafood, and unique souvenirs from seashells, snails, rocks,… Seafood at the market is cheaper than on the mainland because they are sold locally. Local fishermen catch and sell on the spot.
The Temple of the Nest Craftsman
The Temple of the Bird’s Nest is a large-scale architectural work, ranked as a national relic in 2006. The temple is located on a sand mound next to Cay Cua, in Bai Huong. On the 10th day of the third lunar month every year, the sacrifice ceremony to the ancestors of bird’s nest exploitation is solemnly held at the temple, praying for the development of the swiftlet industry. Visitors can visit this place on this occasion to better understand the unique beliefs of the people here.
Activities and experiences worth trying in Cu Lao Cham
What is extremely attractive in Cu Lao Cham is that there are many interesting recreational activities such as:
Snorkeling to see coral reefs
The attraction in Cu Lao Cham comes not only from the beautiful natural scenery, and fresh air but also from the biodiversity. Therefore, diving activities to see corals and marine life here always attract tourists.
The most interesting coral reef diving activity is around noon, when the sun is high, the sun will shine down to the bottom of the sea. The kingdom of aquatic animals such as seaweed, coral, sea creatures, … will appear vividly in front of visitors. Tourists will be really overwhelmed by the beauty of the seabed ecosystem here.
Walk under the sea to see sea creatures
Joining the seabed walking tour, you will be able to see and explore the vast aquarium. Visitors do not need to wear fancy tools such as oxygen masks, gas cylinders, or prosthetic legs, … but just wear an oxygen supply hat and follow the instructions of the guide to be able to go with peace of mind. undersea set. The beauty of colorful coral reefs, and playful fish… will bring you moments of relaxation and comfort.
Camping on Cham Island
If you spend the night in Cu Lao Cham, you can rent a camping tent to sleep at the beach. Around 21-22 pm here often take place fun activities, exchanges, and campfires. At night, you can lie down and watch the starry sky – such a wonderful sight that we will hardly see when in the city. Those who have been here and experienced these interesting things will often never forget it.
Fishing with fishermen on the island
Fishing is also a very interesting activity, loved by many tourists when visiting this island cluster. Visitors will discover the peaceful beauty of this place by boat, learn about the life of fishermen in the sea and enjoy fresh and clean dishes,… caught by their own hands.
Explore the primeval forest
After playing with the waves, you can explore the primeval forests and rugged ravines here. When following the trails to climb the mountainside, you will be immersed in a green space, enjoy the beauty of forest orchids,… Visitors can also visit the Stone stream, stream. Sweet, dreamy love.
The dining experience on Cu Lao Cham island
After a trip to Cu Lao Cham, one of the things that make visitors remember the most about this place is definitely the multi-colored cuisine:
- Cellana: is a famous specialty snail of the central coastal region. Her breast snail can be processed in many ways such as boiled, mannequin,… Snail meat is very sweet, crunchy, and not too soft.
- One sunny squid: The grilled squid has just arrived, and the chili sauce will surely convince even the most fastidious diners.
- Rock crab: This crab eats plants in caves and drinks early morning dew, so it has sweet, soft, and greasy meat. People often process stone crabs by boiling, steaming, or sautéing tamarind.
- Forest vegetables: There are also many kinds of forest vegetables (wine lettuce, plantain, plantain, yard vegetables,…) growing wild in the foothills. The dish of boiled forest vegetables dipped in fish sauce with chili and garlic is one of the “delicious tongue-swallowing” dishes that every visitor is hard to resist.
- Abalone: The dishes made from abalone such as boiled, steamed, fried, … are very attractive. Abalone meat is sweet and fatty and has a very special delicious taste.
- Echinus: A dish that visitors should try once when coming here is grilled sea urchin. Sellers often put 2-3 urchins in 1 shell, mix with quail eggs or chicken eggs and then bake on a charcoal stove. Finally, you just need to drizzle some fatty onion fat and enjoy this “ginseng” of the sea.
- Crab: Cu Lao Cham crab dish is firm, delicious, and has a strong sweet taste, so it is very popular with tourists. The main dish is steamed crab with beer served with salt, pepper, and lemon. In addition, visitors can also enjoy boiled, grilled, porridge, and hot pot.
- Banh It La Gai: This is a specialty dish of the people on Cu Lao Cham island. The cake has a sweet taste from the thorn leaves growing in the rocky area and the cool ancient well water. This is the number 1 choice for dessert that visitors should try.
- Seaweed: The seaweed in this island cluster is raw seaweed, dark in color, and unprocessed, so the taste is very salty but contains a lot of nutrients good for health. Seaweed is processed into many rustic dishes such as cooking soup, mixing salad, …
Delicious restaurants and eateries on Cu Lao Cham island
Restaurants and eateries are often concentrated in Bai Huong, Bai Ong, and Bai Xep tourist areas. Some addresses for your reference:
- Dan Tri Restaurant: At Bai Lang.
- Dao Nho Restaurant: At Bai Ong.
- Hai Quynh Restaurant: At Bai Ong.
- Bai Chong Restaurant: At Bai Chong.
Hotels and homestays near Cu Lao Cham should choose
The tourist island of Cu Lao Cham is still quite wild, so the accommodation service has not really developed. If you want to go to Cu Lao Cham for 2 days and 1 night, you can rent a homestay room to rest and experience the idyllic life here.
- Sunbay Homestay
- Hammock Homestay
- Cham Island Homestay
- Trang Vu Homestay
- Nhi Lo Homestay
- Tuan Thanh Homestay
- Hiep tung Homestay
Notes to remember when traveling to Cu Lao Cham
Some important notes when going to Cu Lao Cham on your own
- Cham Island says no to plastic bags, so before going to the island, you should not bring plastic bags;
- Should prepare enough beach equipment such as hats, sunglasses, sandals, sunscreen, insect spray,…;
- Bring enough identification to facilitate bike rental.
- When diving to see the coral, visitors are not allowed to break the coral and bring it back to the mainland.
Note when buying specialties as gifts
After the trip to Cu Lao Cham, you can buy gifts for relatives and friends such as:
- Dried seafood and fresh seafood: Crab, crab, squid, lobster, sea cucumber,…;
- Salanganes’Nest: Nest here is 100% natural, has high nutritional value, and is very good for health.
- Types of cakes: Su Se cake, Banh It La Gai.
- Medicinal herbs: forest leaves, dried forest pineapple, dried Ha Thu O…
Cu Lao Cham is a biosphere reserve of the world, bringing many interesting experiences for visitors. When you come here, you should only bring back memories, and leave nothing but footprints. This is a civilized action, helping to sustainably protect the ecosystem and landscape on the island.